Friday, April 1, 2011

OMG I FOUND IT! or Thank you god's of backup files

Well like so may good weekend's I woke up very early. Apparently  my beautiful muse of a wife thought I was taking up to much of her side of the bed and let me know about it with a fist in the spine (Love ya darlin :-)) This sort of early rising provides me with wonderful opportunities. I have had a great deal of time to myself to reflect and surf the web for inspiration (aka filching ideas). I was and have been in the mood to watch the 1984 edition of Dune. I have not been able to do so of course because the large, metal boxed, collector's edition DVD I bought was turned into a pair of skates by my daughter :-/ (Love ya puddin :-)). So I spent the morning smegging about listening to the soundtrack or what I could find on youtube and reading some of the history of the film on wiki. Check it out for some interesting facts on the first attempt at a movie. So, to make a long story short (TOO LATE!) I saw a great deal of people poopooing Dune ala 1984. People complained about the gore. People complained about the lack of cohesion and the bad editing.  People complained about the style. I'm certain people have numerous complaints about the over all story too. To all those people I have one response. Get over it and watch the movie. It's not about any one part of the movie  but the whole thing over all. It's about the full, immersive quality of such a foreign/alien world. It's a story where a young man's family is torn apart by vile enemies and he it cast into the deadly wilderness to survive. He then finds in himself the man he will become through introspection and growth in life experience. Mind you it's a life of adventure and war on a vast unforgiving world, halfway across the galaxy that will eat you alive and leave a dry corpse to be worn down by hunderd mile an hour sand storms in a matter of minutes. But still it's a story about people and the thing's people do.  So to all the poopooers out there I say this, get over it and watch the movie. Crack a beer, get a bowl of snackies, sit down and shut up. That's my opinion about a bunch of other people's opinions. In other word's "My horse's shit is way better than your's". So Pfft, Plop and Thank you for your support.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home